Here is a simple instruction how to brew beer at home in five steps.
- 2.25 Oz of East Kent Goldings Hops – Hops will add bitterness to your beer. Pellets are most common and easy to store. Keep your unused hops in the freezer in airtight bags for keeping aroma.
- Six lbs of Unhopped Pale Malt Extract – It purchased in cans that are around 3 lbs each. Malt provides the sweet base that the yeast will feed on to make alcohol. Available from various manufacturers. Dry malt extract is an acceptable alternative.
- 2/3 cup Priming Sugar – We will use corn sugar. It is available from your brew store or grocer.
- One Package of American Ale liquid Yeast. Liquid yeast gives very high quality beer.
- A Bottle Filler – Available from your homebrew store – should be sized to fit on the end of your siphon tubing.
- A Large Pot – At least 3 gallons in size, though a larger one will generally result in fewer spills.
- A Sanitizing solution – Beer is prone to infection, so everything must be sanitized before use. Household bleach can be used, but it must be thoroughly rinsed to prevent contamination. Your brew store may have alternatives such as iodophor and starsan.
- Tubing & Clamp – To siphon and bottle the beer- A six foot section of 3/8″ ID food grade plastic tubing will work.
- An Airtight Fermenting Bucket – A five gal plastic bucket with lid, or a glass carboy. Better to purchase a glass carboy as they are easier to keep sanitized and don’t leak. If you get a carboy you may need a large bottle brush to clean it.
- A Bottle Capper – A hand driven device to cap your bottles also available from your homebrew store.
- An Air Lock and Stopper – Sized to fit your fermenter.
- A Thermometer – A floating thermometer with a range of 0-100 C or up from 32-220 F
- Bottles – You need two cases in 12 oz bottles to bottle five gallons of beer.
- Bottle Brush – A small brush to get your bottles clean.
- Bottle Caps – New bottle caps sold at your brewing supplier – you need about 50 caps for a five gal batch
Five Steps for Brewing: Continue reading
We were also found by phrases: